|Fauxdacious Version 3.82-beta2 Released for Linux and Windows:
* Tweaked and generally tidied up ffaudio-core.cc a bit to make sure AVPackets are efficiently initialized and freed properly and slightly optimized play by eliminating some redundant video function checks and inlining some calls while attemping to eliminate rare and occasionally random seg-fault when stopping audio stream play. There still appears to be a slight bit of memory leakage? / growth creep in video play, but my guess it’s somewhere deep in the bowels of SDL.
* Changed The default “video_qsize” value from 8 to 6 and added new config option: [ffaudio].allow_highdpi (default FALSE) to enable SDL2’s SDL_WINDOW_ALLOW_HIGHDPI flag.
* Merged in all latest QT stuff (finally) and tested and seems to work! NOTE: I did not build it into this release to save file sizes, so you must recompile yourself if you want QT configuring with “–enable-qt”! NOTE2: Audacious’s QT interface is rather behind, for example Equalizer presets and Plugin parameters are NOT currently configurable from the GUI.
* Merged in Audacious pulls# 40237df, 6d9acec, bb439b0, d17911e, 425aa54, 2119d19; and plugin pulls# ab45ec5. Did NOT merge plugin pull# eaf7949 due to compile error under g++.
* Includes all unreleased Version 3.82-beta1 changes (below):
(Not released) Version 3.82-beta1
* Added new config file option: [audacious].eqpreset_nameonly (boolean) which causes the first question mark (if any) and anything following it in a URL to be removed for purpose of exporting song-specific equalization presets. This is needed for some live-streaming station URLs that change “keys” dynamically and regularly. Default is FALSE (old behavior – keep the full url base name), add and set to TRUE for the new behavior. For example, this will affect youtube-dl urls as well, as previously the preset file would be exported as “watch?xxxxxx.preset” where “xxxxxx” was the actual video id. With the new option, exporting song-specific equalizer presets will be the same preset file “watch.preset”.
* Fixed the exporting of song-specific equalization presets for cuesheet (.cue) files. This worked before Audacious aparantly fixed the file-name used when opening a song for playback from it’s cuesheet filename to the actual referenced file-name, breaking our logic. As a result, the equalization presets exported for a cuesheet file will apply to all tracks in the cuesheet. They are still exported (reguardless of track) as “<filename>.cue.preset”. I made the decision to do it this way assuming that all tracks in a cuesheet are (very likely) recorded with the same equalizer settings.
* Merged in Audacious plugin pulls# 2c267a2
View My Photography
- I want to be your swell internet blogger who does all the really neat stuff you want a swell internet blogger to do. In fact this is probably the most swollen blog you’ll find!