|Fauxdacious Version 3.83-beta1 Released for Linux and Windows:
* FIXED occasional “black screens” when re-starting videos on Windows version (never affected Linux/Unix versions)!
* FIXED video screen not always shutting down when Fauxdacious is stopped mid-play in a video on Windows version (never affected Linux/Unix versions)! This closes Fauxdacious issue# 1
* Eliminated “hackey” code to always “rescan” ffaudio plugin for “early” initialization of SDL2. This will (hopefully) now permit release of our video-capable ffaudio for users of mainline Audacious.
* Added ability to play Youtube and Vimeo videos directly (with seek!) via new optional user-supplied helper program/script (similar to and which REPLACES the recently-added “tunein_helper” script: getTuneinStream.pl). With this new option ([audacious].url_helper), one can use this script to alter ANY url! The new (included) script, in contrib (which will handle youtube, vimeo, and tunein urls via a regular expression) is FauxdaciousUrlHelper.pl. Copy it from the contrib directory to your executable path, and add “url_helper=FauxdaciousUrlHelper.pl” in the “audacious” section of your config file and remove the “tunein_helper” line. NOTE: If running M$-Windows, a binary version (FauxdaciousUrlHelper.exe) is already in your path with fauxdacious and faudtool)! You will, however, need to add the “url_helper” line above to your config file (/Users//AppData/Local/audacious/config). For Windows, you must also add another section ([neon] and the line: “ignore_ssl_certs=TRUE” in order to play youtube and vimeo videos!
* Upgraded libneon and added SSL capability (to get the https: stream urls returned for youtube and vimeo to play).
View My Photography
- I want to be your swell internet blogger who does all the really neat stuff you want a swell internet blogger to do. In fact this is probably the most swollen blog you’ll find!